More Mahakan Fort Community homes to be demolished

THURSDAY, MARCH 02, 2017
|
More Mahakan Fort Community homes to be demolished

The Bangkok Metropolitan Administration (BMA) has displayed a notification at Bangkok’s Mahakan Fort Community informing its residents that 10 more houses there will be demolished on Monday.

Pornthep Buranaburidet, a deputy community leader, said the notification stated that the occupants of the homes had agreed to move out.
However, Pornthep said the occupants of six of the 10 homes did not want to leave.
“We still insist on our agreement with the BMA, which was made in front of the public last year, and we will arrange the press conference on March 6 to strengthen our standpoint that the community can coexist with the archaeological site,” he said.
So far 12 houses have been demolished.
The BMA said Thursday that it would cooperate with police and the military in the demolition on Monday
It also stated that it would sue four of the community’s leaders for alleged illegal intrusion on public land.
 

Thailand Web Stat