Demolition of Klong Ong Ang structures to go ahead

WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 21, 2015
|
Demolition of Klong Ong Ang structures to go ahead

The Bangkok Metropolitan Administration said yesterday that the Klong Ong Ang landscape-development measures and the demolition of canal-blocking structures would go ahead and should be completed by December.

Pol Maj-General Wichai Sangprapai, adviser to the Bangkok governor, presided over the meeting of relevant agencies and the Klong Ong Ang landscape improvement panel over the vendors’ petition for a three-month respite.
Wichai said they had resolved that an extension was not necessary, as vendors could continue working until the demolition work reaches them.
He added that 100 stalls and four shophouses in the Panupan Bridge area had been torn down.
Some 300 stalls are awaiting demolition.
 

Thailand Web Stat